Friday, September 28, 2012

Flannel Friday: I Am Cold!

It's not winter yet, but there's definitely a chill in the air. I forgot to bring a sweater to work yesterday and ended up wrapping a large piece of felt around me like a shawl. A shawl that I would occasionally snip pieces off for my flannel set.

I plan on using this one more towards the colder days of winter, but if yesterday is any indication that may come sooner than anticipated.

The poem (with some modifications) comes from Joanna Cole and Stephanie Calmenson's Bug in a Rug: Reading Fun for Just-Beginners and it's called  I Am Cold.


Here's Little Boy Blue all bundled up for winter...




But a CAT got his... HAT!



A GOAT got his... COAT!



A KANGAROO took his... SHOES!



And some ANTS got his... PANTS!




And now he's COLD!


The simple rhymes make a great guessing game for toddlers and underwear is never not funny.

Flannel Friday is being hosted today by Katie at Storytime Katie. As always you can find out more about Flannel Friday and browse past round-ups at the official website.

4 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Pinning NOW! Thanks for sharing! (I'm also cracking up about your flannel shawl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! You know you're a children's librarian when...

    Great flannel, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to come do this at my library. Underwear humor is easily in the top 5 things that elementary studunts find hilarious

    ReplyDelete